HOUSEFUL’s solutions will be demonstrated in four buildings with the aim to validate their technical, environmental, social, economic and regulatory feasibility. The buildings are: “El bloc dels Mestres” and “La Grípia” in Spain, and “Baumgartenstrasse” and “Donaufelderstrasse” in Austria.
The buildings were selected based on the following criteria:
- Spatial/geographical distribution;
- Differences in social, cultural and current practices on housing;
- Differences in national regulations regarding construction and refurbishment;
- Common European building archetypes, scale and number of dwellers per building;
- Climate differences;
- Common challenges shared by construction companies, related professionals and regional/national housing agencies.
Moreover, three of the considered buildings are social housing buildings, since one of HOUSEFUL’s objectives is to demonstrate solutions capable of improving the circularity level of low-income buildings.